About Me

My Photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Loading...

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Of tags and awards and a much delayed ode!

When I was away for a short while, talented bloggers all around were spinning their magic threads in blogland and creating things exquisite, as always! Cooking, baking, thinking up new ideas and decking up their blogs with more interesting stuff. In the midst of all this, they even found time to share lovely awards with others and little did they figure the joy they had spread by doing that!

I, for one, was overjoyed to get a whole plethora of awesome awards from Amelia of Amelia’s De-ssert! Amelia, you are such a darling! I feel so humbled to be getting this awesome haul of awards from you – thanks for remembering me, dear friend! Amelia is not only a great cook and baker, but a person of many qualities. Check out her interesting blog to know more about this charismatic lady who I am fortunate to have as a dear friend!
My next award is from another dear friend Suchi of ‘Kitchen Karma’ who was so kind to be sharing the ‘Versatile Blogger’ award with me. Thank you so much Suchi, for this award. Though I had the privilege of getting this award twice before – from my very dear friend Kitty of Kitty’s Kozy Kitchen and of course, Amelia above – it still feels special everytime:) Suchi is a prolific writer who not only writes a lovely food blog but also has another blog to her credit, where she pens down her thoughts about the world around her. And believe me, what a lovely read that makes! Do check out Suchi’s wonderful blog for more!

Then comes another surprise – not an award, but a cute tag this time!  And I got it from one of my favorite bloggers and awesome cook, Ambreen of ‘Simply Sweet ‘n Savory’. Thanks so much for thinking of me, dear! Ambreen has tagged my blog and I now have 12 questions about myself that I need to answer, figuring out another set of 12 questions that I desire to know about the people I tag in turn! Well, another of those things that makes me feel jittery but when it is dear Ambreen, I’m all for it! Well the rules that come with it are posted below. It’s a nice way of knowing more about friends whom you care for – do check out Ambreen’s lovely blog too and don’t let yourself miss out on her exotic creations!

The Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.

12 Facts About Me :
1.I am a shy person and generally stay away from too much attention.
2.I am a foodie to the core – not that I eat too much but I love to taste everything!
3.I am absolutely passionate about baking.
4.My Maa is my best friend in the whole wide world!
5.Reading is another passion and I read just about everything I manage to lay my hands on – books make me extremely happy.
6.I prefer to spend time by myself, doing all the things I like to do and am deft in keeping myself involved with something or the other, always.
7.Well-made and practical movies give me a huge kick.
8.I love to write and my blog first made me feel the joy of creation
9.I abhor the idea of keeping pets – to me, cats and dogs look good in photo frames only!
10.I am a firm believer in destiny and take my life as it comes to me, every moment that I live.
11.My first ever gift to anyone was a hand-sewn little purse that I made for my Maa when I was 5. It was a messy disaster – but she has kept it with her to this day!
12.I believe that there is no end to learning and I wish to keep on learning till my last day.

Ambreen’s Questions :
1.Describe yourself in 3 words? Practical, reticent, responsible.
2.If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?  Chicken Biryani!!
3.What is your favorite movie? City of Angels.
4.What is your favorite type of cuisine? Mediterranean cuisine.
5.What scares you the most? Losing my memory!
6.Coffee, tea, or neither? Tea, always!
7.What is your favorite place you have ever visited? Kingston, Canada.
8.Are you a sweet tooth or savory tooth? Both!
9. What is your favorite song? ‘Top of the World’ – The Carpenters.
10.If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be? My habit to be judgemental about anything too soon.
11.What’s one goal you have for this year? Nothing as such – I like to take life as it comes!
12.What is your most favorite post on your blog? So many of them are close to my heart – guess its too difficult to choose just one:)

My Questions :
1. Given a choice, which profession would you love to choose?
2. What pleases you more – cooking or baking?
3. Which movie is you favorite movie?
4. If there was one thing that you could change in your family, what would it be?
5. If there was one thing that you could change in you, what would it be?
6. Do you feel the need to refer to cookbooks when you cook/bake? Give the reason why.
7. Who is the greatest inspiration of your life?
8. Which is the most recent book/magazine you have read?
9. What made you start blogging?
10. On an average, what percentage of time can you afford to spend on your blog in a day?
11. Which feature of blogging do you like the most?
12. What feature in my blog do you like the most?

Phew!Sorry - I know that was awfully long! But the fun part is still to come. And that is the tagging:) So here goes a list of 12 of my dear blogger friends whom I'd like to tag - whom all of you will enjoy doing this as much as I did:

Amelia of Amelia's De-ssert
Marsha of The Better Baker
Suchi of Kitchen Karma
Sobha of Good Food
Amina of Amina Creations
La of  Food Slice
Aruna of Veggie Paradise

I had a lot more friends whom I would love to tag, but had to stop at 12 - since that's how the rule goes!Anyway, that's all for today's post. I will be back with another recipe soon. Till then - have fun and stay well:)

21 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Anu said...

Congrats!!! And nice to know about you

Claudia said...

Congrats on all the sweet awards! Many thanks for the tag - but I must decline (sorry). I leave for NYC in a few days and am frenzied trying to get work done and plan the trip before then!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Sudha, thank you again for thinking of me. I'm very glad to pass the awards to you. Very nice to meet a friendly bloggers like you no doubt we have not communicate or see each other.
But just thru our comment box message and reading your blog posting brighten up days too.

Referring the tag, give me a little time to work it out, ok. I'm not really good in words but I'm always full with wits and humor, am always a cheerful person.

Have a nice day. With hugs and kisses.

The Better Baker said...

What a lovely post Sudha! I love that you share your heartfelt thoughts and comments. Congrats on the awards too! I already have a post scheduled to 'tag' you at my blog tomorrow - great minds think alike huh? I loved reading more about you!

Rasi said...

Congrats on ur awards & so good to know more about u :)

Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

faseela said...

Congrats Sudha, Great to know about u more....

Indulge said...

Congrats on the awards. and its nice to read more about you.
Love Ash.

kitty said...

I loved reading about you, Sudha! It's so great to learn more about you. Thank you for the honor!!

maha said...

congrats on awards....wish u many more..
Maha

Amina Khaleel said...

congratulations on your awards Sudha... Thanks for tagging me... will post this as soon as i can...

Blackswan said...

Congrats on the well-deserved award, Sudha! Great to have u back & happy blogging :)

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Sudha,do drop by my blog again when you free, I'd touched up with a little wits & humor in some of the pictures and also the mention of another wonderful blogger. Have a nice weekend. *hugs*

Tina said...

Looks like it has been raining awards on this site too-congrats! Nothing like a warm hug from a fellow food blogger in the form of awards. You also made some excellent choices when passing them along. Happy Monday!

Marina said...

Thank you very much for choosing me!

La @ FoodSlice said...

Loved reading about you Sudha. Thank you for thinking of me. This concept of tagging is interesting and will try to conform to the rules as soon as i can.

Amalia said...

Congratulations on all your wonderful awards! It must feel so good to know that people were thinking of you while you were gone. And it's great getting to know you more!

Suchi said...

Oh this is great, thanks Sudha :-) and congrats on all the awards :-)))))

Patsy said...

My dear Sudha, I enjoyed learning more about you! Congratulations on your new awards, you richly deserve them! I'm not sure how to tag my answers to you, so I will just do it here:
My Questions :
1. Given a choice, which profession would you love to choose? Homemaker and mother...I have a BSN from the Medical University of South Carolina,but have rarely worked out of the home.
2. What pleases you more – cooking or baking? I am pretty much a savory cook. but I am beginning to branch out into bread making with the help of our sweet Kitty! We live near to each other, and have been friends for years.
3. Which movie is you favorite movie? The Quiet Man with John Wayne
4. If there was one thing that you could change in your family, what would it be? That my son Micheal had not suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2004, and that his life was not so difficult.
5. If there was one thing that you could change in you, what would it be? My temper.
6. Do you feel the need to refer to cookbooks when you cook/bake? Give the reason why. Most of my cooking is done from memory. I make a lot of dishes that have been cooked by my family for generations...but I love trying new recipes!
7. Who is the greatest inspiration of your life? My husband, and his mother and my grandmother...those two exceptional lemon are deceased...and I miss them every day.
8. Which is the most recent book/magazine you have read? Southern Lady magazine.
9. What made you start blogging? I wanted to preserve and pass on to my grandchildren and nieces old family recipes, plus the connection with others who love cooking as much as I do.
10. On an average, what percentage of time can you afford to spend on your blog in a day? A couple of hours in the evening, while my hubby watches TV.
11. Which feature of blogging do you like the most? Making new friends like you! :)
12. What feature in my blog do you like the most? Your comments, and lovely recipes!
Speaking of recipes...my sweetie loves curry, and wants me to make a chicken curry dish for him...any suggestions?
Take care. Hugs. Patsy

Patsy said...

http://pattycakescooking.blogspot.com/2012/03/tagged.html

Indrani Bagchi said...

Congrats on your awards Sudha and gr8 to know about your likings!

Ambreen said...

Congrats on your awards, dear! It was great to know more about you through this tag game :)

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!